Yuck! Sponges are a germ heaven! They are the number 1 source of germs in the whole house.
When was the last time you cleaned your sponge? Can’t remember, can ya? It’s easy to forget. Let’s do it right now!
- Run it through the dish washer. Germs can’t take the heat! (Make sure it’s secure and won’t get caught on any of your machine’s parts)
- Nuke those germs by placing your damp sponge in the microwave for 1 minute. (DO NOT microwave a dry sponge – it can burn.)
A few more tips about sponges:
- You can always ditch your sponge and buy an antimicrobial brand if you feel you can’t keep your sponge clean
- The cleanest kitchen are those of bachelors – because they use their sponges less and therefore spread fewer germs!
- When finished using a sponge, squeeze it thoroughly and allow to air dry completely between uses. Bacteria will die in a dried sponge.
Go clean your sponge now! And leave me a comment letting me know you did it.
I’m linking up to Tip Junkie’s Tip Me Tuesday – head on over for more great tips!